The Nelson Hotel ,
Back to Results
61 Pier Road,
Development, Hotels and Guest Houses, Investment, Retail and Leisure
5,219 Sq Ft (484.85 Sq M)
- Located within an attractive seaside resort
- Occupies a prominent corner position
- Substantial building totaling 484 sq m (5,219 sq ft)
- Outline planning consent for a 14-Bedroom hotel
- Suit redevelopment for other uses such as residential (stp)
- Suit owner occupiers and developers
- Freehold with vacant possession
- Offers in excess of £750,000 subject to contract
- Nearby occupiers include Littlehampton Golf Club, Harbour Park Amusements, Lidl, Sainsburys, Costa Coffee and East Beach & Green
- *AVAILABLE DUE TO ABORTIVE NEGOTIATIONS* Public House with Letting Rooms / Consent for 14 Bedroom Hotel / Development Potential Existing Building - 484 sq m (5,219 sq ft)
Littlehampton is a town, seaside resort and pleasure harbour, and the most populous civil parish in the Arun District of West Sussex. It is located nine miles west of Worthing and 13 miles east of Chichester.
The property occupies a prominent corner location on the eastern side of Pier Road, adjacent to its junction with South Terrace. This position is highly visible and is directly opposite the Oyster Pond and Arun Parade.
Nearby occupiers include Littlehampton Golf Club, Harbour Park Amusements, Lidl, Sainsburys, Costa Coffee and East Beach & Green.
Public House with Letting Rooms / Consent for 14 Bedroom Hotel / Development Potential
Existing Building - 484 sq m (5,219 sq ft)
The property currently configured is as a public house with letting rooms. The public house element is arranged over the majority of the ground floor, with a function room on the lower ground floor.
There is also a letting room on the ground floor, with a further five rooms, plus staff room on the first floor. The letting rooms and first floor can be accessed via a separate street entrance from the western elevation.
The property has the following approximate GIA:
Function Room -60.28 sq m 649 sq ft
Cellar - 72.77 sq m 783 sq ft
Third Floor - 179.02 sq m 1,927 sq ft
Basement - 17.27 sq m 186 sq ft
First Floor - 155.56 sq m 1,674 sq ft
The premises is currently is consented as a public house with letting rooms.
The subject property also benefits from full planning consent for the demolition of the existing building, and replacement with a new four-storey 14-bedroom hotel, with ancillary restaurant and function rooms (Planning Application No. LU/324/18/PL).
The property would also lend itself to alternative uses, subject to planning.
We understand that the property is elected for VAT.
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred.
We have been instructed to market the property and seek offers in excess of £750,000 for the freehold interest (HM Land Registry Number WSX181624), subject to contract and with vacant possession.
Rateable Value / Council Tax Band
Ratable Value (2017): £28,250
Should you require further information on Business Rates, please contact
our in house rating surveyor Daniel Green (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Energy Performance Rating
To be confirmed.
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please contact:
023 92629 007