34 Palmerston Road,
Back to Results
Retail and Leisure
819 - 1,682 Sq Ft (76.09 - 156.26 Sq M)
- Central location in Southsea
- Thriving retail and leisure destination
- Open plan sales area
- Rear area that could be used for parking
- First floor storage space of 734 sq ft
- Public car parking nearby
- New EFRI lease available
- Rent £29,500 pax
- Variety of national and independent occupiers in the vicinity
- Nearby by occupiers include Boots, Holland and Barrett, Greggs and Tesco Express, New Look, Costa and WH Smiths
The property is situated on the western side of Palmerston Road which is fully pedestrianised. There is also a public car park near the property.
Nearby by occupiers include Boots, Holland and Barrett, Greggs and Tesco Express, New Look, Costa and WH Smiths.
Retail Unit On Busy Pedestrianised High Street
Sales Area - 76.09 sq m (819 sq ft)
The premises comprises a ground floor lock-up shop with storage space on the first floor.
The accommodation has the following approximate Net Internal Area (NIA):
Area - Sq M - Sq Ft
Ground Floor Sales Area - 76.09 - 819
Ancillary and Storage - 80.2 - 863
Total - 156.29 - 1,682
A new Use Classes Order (UCO) came into effect on 1st September 2020. Under the new UCO a new Use Class E was introduced to cover commercial, business and service uses. Use Class E encompasses A1, A2, A3, B1 and some D1 and D2 uses under the former UCO. We therefore understand that the premises benefit from Class E 'Commercial Business and Service' use within the Use Classes Order 2020.
Interested parties should make their own planning enquiries and satisfy themselves in this regard.
We understand the property is registered for VAT.
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred.
The property is available to let by way of a new (effectively) full repairing and insuring lease for a term to be agreed at a commencing rent of £29,500 per annum exclusive.
Rateable Value / Council Tax Band
Rateable Value (2017): £29,500
Rates payable pa (2022/23): £14,455
Rates payable pa (2022/23) after Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Discount (50%)*: £7,228
Rateable Value (2023): £25,000.
Rates payable pa (2023): £12,475.
Rates payable pa (2023) after Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Discount (75%)*: £3,189.
* Subject to annual cash cap of £110,000 (2022/23) per business and qualifying use. Interested parties should make their own enquiries to satisfy themselves of their business rates liability
Should you require further information on Business Rates, please contact our in house rating surveyor Daniel Green (email@example.com).
Energy Performance Rating
To be confirmed.
Or our joint agent: